Happening this October in Melbourne is Art Without Borders, the final of three national seminars on artistic freedom of expression, organised by NAVA and The Arts Law Centre of Australia. Following on from the previous discussions on art in the digital realm and art in public space, Art Without Borders will investigate the politics of freedom of expression in popular discourses, and where this discourse is challenged.
We invite you to join ABC Radio National’s Damien Carrick in conversation with guest speakers from the Australian Arts and Media:
- Nur Shkembi, Artist and Art Director of the Islamic Museum of Australia,
- Elvis Richardson, Artist and contributor to CoUNTess,
- Robert Nelson, Associate Professor, Associate Director Student Experience at Monash University and Art Critic for The Age,
- Robyn Ayres, Executive Director of Arts Law, and
- Tamara Winikoff, Executive Director of NAVA.
When: 16th October, 6pm-8pm
Where: ACCA 111 Sturt St Southbank Melbourne
More information here