Warmun artist Lena Nyadbi. Photograph by Delwyn Everard.
Indigenous Australians’ culture and artistic practice is a highly regarded and much publicised feature of Australian society. This section contains useful information to equip you with the skills to support and respect Indigenous culture by engaging in ethical working relationships with Indigenous artists.
- How to ethically buy Indigenous Art as a consumer
- Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property
- Working in collaborative projects
- How to protect and enforce your rights as an artist
- Appropriate income and pricing of artworks
- Cultural Protocols when working with Aboriginal artists
- Cultural and Intellectual Property Policies
- Provenance and authenticity issues
- Resale Royalty
- International Issues
- Wills & Estates for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Artists