The Arts Law Centre of Australia is committed to meaningful equity and diversity in our workforce, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all of our positions.
Arts Law is Australia’s independent national community centre for the arts, providing free or low cost specialised legal advice, education and resources to Australian artists and arts organisations.
We strengthen value and respect for arts and culture to make a better world, working to empower artists and creative communities through the law.
Our staff are our life blood, and our collaborative, inclusive and passionate culture is something we are incredibly proud of.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity to join a team of dedicated people who are energised by their love of the arts and passionate about helping Australian creators protect their rights and grow their arts practice. The Administration Officer’s role is a frontline position which assists artists and arts organisations seeking Arts Law’s legal and financial services by providing administrative support services alongside the paralegal and communications roles. This is a permanent part time opportunity, approx. 14 hours per week.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist in answering incoming phone calls and responding to client emails.
- Prepare travel bookings and itinerary preparations for outreach and education trips.
- Provide administrative support to the administration, finance and legal teams.
- Liase with clients and lawyers to ensure prompt delivery of legal advice.
- Process orders, subscriptions and management of invoices.
- Account reconciliation in Xero.
- Prioritise work according to timelines and level of urgency.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly KPI’s.
SELECTION CRITERIA – ESSENTIAL
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong procedural skills.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, and excellent telephone manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven understanding of the challenges, importance and issues of a community-based organisation and, or community legal centres in particular.
- Demonstrated understanding in the following computer applications:
5. Experience with financial accounting or bookkeeping.
6. Well-developed self-management, organisational and administrative skills.
7. Ability to work effectively in a small office team.
8. Knowledge and/or experience and appreciation of the arts.
SELECTION CRITERIA – DESIRABLE
- Experience using Salesforce. 2
- Experience in community-based organisations or arts organisations.3
- Experience working with people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
- An annual base salary of $53,025 per annum + annual leave loading + super + salary packaging available.
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home flexibility.
- Ongoing commitment to your Professional Development.
- The value of working for a truly national organisation with reporting lines throughout various states.
- Working for an organisation that cares for its people, providing initiatives such as leave gifted over the Christmas/New Year period, a fun and inclusive workplace, and plenty of team lunches and outings.
Email [email protected] and include your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and highlighting the attitude and experience that will ensure your success in the role.