Are you passionate about arts and culture?
Do you want to work for an organisation that truly cares for its people?
Do you want join one of the most respected and innovative independent community legal centres in Australia?
The Arts Law Centre of Australia are seeking a part-time Communications Officer – and you might be the perfect fit!
Arts Law is Australia’s independent national community centre for the arts, providing free or low cost specialised legal advice, education and resources to Australian artists and arts organisations.
We strengthen value and respect for arts and culture to make a better world, working to empower artists and creative communities through the law.
Our staff are our life blood, and our collaborative, inclusive and passionate culture is something we are incredibly proud of.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity to join a team of dedicated people who are energised by their love of the arts and passionate about helping Australian creators protect their rights and grow their arts practice.
This exciting role will play a key part in the Communications team where you will assist with the execution of our communication strategy by providing hands on support to the Communications Manager.
This is a permanent part time opportunity, approx. 14 hours per week.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Write high quality content across web and social media channels
· Produce content for newsletters, website and media channels
· Social media engagement
· Assisting in the coordination and marketing of events, both online and in person
· General communications and marketing responsibilities
1. Relevant tertiary or near completing communications, marketing, public relations or another relevant discipline.
2. Proven ability to produce high-quality copywriting and editing skills.
3. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English.
4. Demonstrated experience maintaining a website using WordPress.
5. Professional experience maintaining social media channels and engaging with audiences across various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.
6. Excellent multimedia skills (ie. video, audio, phone editing), and the ability to develop compelling content across multiple channels (website, social media, donor communications).
Your communication experience, as well as your commitment to our mission, will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package. Arts Law is an approved public benevolent institution, and staff have the capacity to increase their take home pay with salary packaging.
Operating within a collegiate environment, you will have to opportunity to broaden your skills and capabilities, as well as empower artists and arts communities across Australia.
Added to this, you’ll also benefit from:
· A competitive base salary of FTE $63,000 (FTE 0.4 $25,200) + super + salary packaging available.
· Flexible working arrangements, including some work from home flexibility.
· Ongoing commitment to your Professional Development.
· The value of working for a truly national organisation.
· Working for an organisation that cares for its people, providing initiatives such as leave gifted over the Christmas/New Year period, and plenty of team lunches and outings.
Find out more about the work we do: www.artslaw.com.au
Applications close midnight Sunday 11 September 2022.