Are you passionate about arts and culture?
Would you love to lead a team working together to achieve great outcomes for Australian artists?
Would you love WFH flexibility and a compressed work week?
An exciting opportunity exists for you to join the executive leadership team at one of the most respected and innovative independent community legal centres in Australia. The Arts Law Centre of Australia are seeking a full-time Head of Legal and Operations – and you might be the perfect fit!
Arts Law is Australia’s independent national community centre for the arts, providing free or low cost specialised legal advice, education and resources to Australian artists and arts organisations.
We strengthen value and respect for arts and culture to make a better world, working to empower artists and creative communities through the law.
Our staff are our life blood, and our collaborative, inclusive and passionate culture is something we are incredibly proud of.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Legal and Operations is primarily accountable for leading delivery of Arts Law’s Legal Services and conducting the day-to-day operational activities of the business.
This is an executive role, with key deliverables in the planning and delivery of Art’s Law’s strategic goals and priorities, and acting as Deputy to the CEO on all operational and legal matters.
Other responsibilities include oversight of financial management and planning, Human Resources and performance development, and the implementation and management of governance frameworks.
ABOUT THE RIGHT CANDIDATE/YOU
· You are diligent, with a strong customer focus, and a commitment to our mission.
· You are an experienced leader, who coaches and mentors their team.
· You have experience in the legal, arts services, or other not-for-profit sectors.
· You demonstrate a collaborative approach in working with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve shared goals.
THE OFFER/WHAT YOU GET
Your legal expertise, as well as your commitment to our mission, will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package that is commensurate with your skills and experience. Operating within a collegiate environment, you will have to opportunity to broaden your skills and capabilities and further your career, as well as empower artists and arts communities across Australia.
Added to this, you’ll also benefit from:
· An annual salary package of $160,225, including super. (This may be negotiable for the right candidate)
· Flexible working arrangements, including a four-day compressed week and work from home flexibility
· Ongoing commitment to your Professional Development
· The value of working for a truly national organisation with reporting lines throughout various states
· Working for an organisation that cares for its people, providing initiatives such as leave gifted over the Christmas/New Year period, and plenty of team lunches and outings
1. Extensive experience in executive or leadership roles in legal service delivery and running the operations for organisations (incl. planning, performance measurement, resource allocation, etc.).
2. Well-developed management and organisational skills including demonstrated experience in leading a high-performing SME or a “service” oriented, commercial organisation.
3. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills of a high order, and the capacity to understand organisational needs and provide appropriate support to managers and senior management in the pursuit of organisational objectives
4. Demonstrated experience in providing practical legal advice on the legal problems faced by creators and arts organisations.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to explain complex issues and information in a meaningful and easy to comprehend format.
6. Experience in building partnerships and managing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholder groups.
7. Experience in policy and law reform work and an awareness of law reform issues relevant to artists’ professional and creative activities.
*It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must
· Hold, or be eligible to hold, a current unrestricted practising certificate in New South Wales
· have a current Driver’s Licence
· be available to travel nationally on a regular basis
· have, or be willing to apply for, a valid National Police Check
· be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold an approved medical exemption. Find out more about the work we do: www.artslaw.com.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For the complete job description and selection criteria download the position description or email [email protected]
Applications close midnight Sunday 11 September 2022.