Artists with Disabilities

Arts Law is dedicated to providing services for all artists. With the support of Arts Access Victoria, we have developed “Raw Law” which is a useful explanation of some of the key legal issues artists face. View our Raw Law resources here.

Do you have a disability and require legal advice?

Clients who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can either:

a.) Lodge a query online and indicate your preferred mode of contact, or
b.) Place a call through the National Relay Service.

The National Relay Service is free and available to everyone. You can make a call using TTY, internet relay or captioned relay (on your computer), SMS relay (from your mobile phone) or video relay (via Skype) as well as through the speak & listen service for users calling from ordinary landlines or mobile phones.

TTY users (Speak and Read, Type and Read, and Type and Listen) 133 677
Speak and Listen users 1300 555 727
Internet relay users
SMS relay users 0423 677 767
Video relay users open Skype and contact nrs.videorelay
Captioned relay users

For more information on the National Relay Service please see their website

Access to our events

If you have a disability and planning on attending an Arts Law Seminar please let us know so we can ensure our host venue is accessible.

Do you need an interpreter?

Please contact the Arts Law Centre if you need an interpreter to help you receive legal advice. We will then make contact with an interpreter and give you a call back.

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is an interpreting service provided by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection free to people who do not speak English. TIS can also assist you in contacting us: