Arts Law made a submission to the National Consultation on Human Rights asking that the Government puts legislation in place to protect the human rights affecting artists. These include the right to:
- freedom of expression generally and, specifically, a right to freedom of artistic expression;
- protection of Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP); and
- access to legal information and assistance, especially for those who are:
- intellectually or physically disabled; or
- culturally and linguistically diverse.