You might have heard of intellectual property, copyright, licensing, APRA royalties, performer’s rights and more. But do you really know what it all means?
- how can you interpret legal issues into plain English?
- where can you gain legal advice for very low cost?
- who can you turn to when the going gets rough?
- how can you protect your work?
Then this special presentation is for you.
Forewarned is forearmed. Attend this special event that will introduce you to the topic and start to supply some simple solutions. It could save you $1,000’s in legal fees, protect your work and provide you with the necessary legal support and contacts for the future.
What will be presented?
- Brief introduction to Arts Law Centre of Australia
- Copyright law in relation to music
- Contract information
- Issues for bands (e.g. band partnership agreement, protecting your name)
- Question time
Who is presenting?
Rebecca Laubi – Senior Solicitor, Arts Law Centre of Australia
Darren Sanicki – Solicitor and founder, Darren Sanicki Music & Entertainment Lawyers
Date: Wednesday 21st September 2011
Time: 6.00 to 8.00pm
Venue: APRA office, 3 & 5 Sanders Place, Richmond
RSVPs are essential as places are strictly limited. Priority spots for Music Victoria members.
RSVP to [email protected] by Tuesday 20th September (if space still available).