Our Commitment to You
Arts Law is committed to providing quality service to all its clients and stakeholders by applying the following principles:
You can access our services in the following ways:
Website: Our website is generally available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. We endeavour to make the website available 99% of the time.
Email, telephone, fax and mail: please go to our contact us page.
If you contact us by phone, we will:
- answer the phone personally as far as possible. However due to the huge demand for our services it is often not possible to directly answer your call. Please leave a message including your telephone number and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- handle your call between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday – Friday;
- introduce ourselves and explain our role within Arts Law;
- explain our services and how you can use them;
- be courteous and approachable;
- aim to resolve your enquiry during the call unless you request legal advice. If your query requires legal advice and does not involve documents, it will be placed in the telephone advice queue and we will respond to you as soon as possible, usually within 5-10 working days. If this is not possible, we will inform you of the time needed to advise you. If your legal query requires a document to be reviewed this will usually be organised within 2-3 weeks of your request.
If you contact us by email, fax, or write to us:
- you should provide us with your telephone number. We will contact you by telephone or email within 3 working days;
- we will not be able to accept requests for legal advice by post, fax or direct email but will register your request when we contact you by phone.
Provision of clear and accurate information
In order to provide clear and accurate information, Arts Law will:
- regularly update this website;
- make available for FREE a range of accurate and up to date information sheets (in both hard copy and online) which deal with the most common legal problems that we are asked about;
- provide at low cost a range of additional publications with more detailed legal information (eg. sample agreements);
- make available to subscribers its e-newsletter, ART+law, with news and updates on arts law issues;
- raise public awareness and knowledge of arts law issues through a targeted education program.
Respect of clients’ rights to confidentiality & privacy
Provision of quality services and services monitoring
Arts Law will provide a consistent level of service by ensuring its processes are established and reliable. It will apply its Legal advice guidelines as well as any other applicable policies when responding to requests for legal advice, information and assistance.
In order to monitor its services, Arts Law will:
- conduct surveys and hold consultations with clients and stakeholders to identify their needs, wants and perceptions of Arts Law;
- hold meetings with government and non-government agencies to discuss matters of common concern;
- review compliance with its service charter annually;
- analyse any feedback and identify areas for improvement;
- provide its clients and stakeholders with information about any changes to its services, primarily through this website and its newsletter, ART+law;
- publish its Annual Report on this website.
Your feedback and complaints
Arts Law welcomes your feedback. If we have helped you then please let us know. Arts Law will also listen to your suggestions on how we might improve our services.
If you are not satisfied or have any concerns or suggestions about Arts Law's services please contact the person who dealt with your matter to resolve the issue. If you do not believe that this person can resolve your issue, contact the Chief Executive Officer. You can make your complaint in writing to: Complaints, Arts Law Centre of Australia, 43 – 51 Cowper Wharf Road, Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011 or by telephone +61 2 9356 2566 or free-call (outside Sydney) 1800 221 457 or by email to: [email protected].
Alternatively complaints about legal services can be made to:
Office of the Legal Services Commissioner
Level 15, Goodsell Building (Cnr Elizabeth, Phillip and Hunter Streets), Sydney NSW 2000
Post: GPO Box 4460, Sydney, 2001
Phone: +61 2 9377 1800 or 1800 242 958
Fax: +61 2 9377 1888
Arts Law is of course also happy to hear from you if you are happy with our services.