Arts Law Allies
Arts Law Allies are passionate advocates who donate $1,000 or more to help support Arts Law to strengthen value and respect for arts and culture to make a better world.
We are excited about sharing the future will you as Arts Law Allies.
Arts Law Allies receive:
- Recognition on our website and in our communications
- Updates on how their donations help in our monthly newsletter art+LAW
- Invitations to exclusive Arts Law events
- The knowledge and satisfaction that you are contributing to strengthening value and respect for arts and culture to make a better world
Donors of over $1000
Donors of over $3000
Donors of over $5000
Donors of over $10,000
The impact of your donation
Why become an Arts Law Ally?
Arts Law is Australia’s only community legal centre for the arts. We provide free or low-cost professional legal advice to Australia’s 50,000 professional artists, 600,000 arts workers and arts organisations all over the country. Though Artists in the Black we deliver tailored legal services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities.
Your support is needed now more than ever. The arts community is in crisis as a result of COVID-19 and the recovery is likely to be extremely challenging. More than ever before, artists and arts organisations will need the support of our team of legal advisors who understand them, are committed to the sector and can help navigate the way through these difficult times.
In 2020 we delivered advice to over 1700 artists and arts organisations and expanded our education delivery online to reach an audience of over 1600. With your support we can achieve so much more.
Some examples of how your support could help:
- $500 will give one Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander artist a will to manage their assets and copyright
- $2000 will fund a legal education session for artists in regional Australia
- $5000 will fund one outreach trip to a remote Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community
- $25,000 will allow us to upgrade our technology and create an online portal for artists across Australia to access our services
Arts Law Allies
- Adam Casselden SC
- Andrew Wiseman
- King & Wood Mallesons
- Simpson-Michel Foundation
- Colin Biggers & Paisley
- Ezekiel Solomon AM
- The Hon Justice Francois Kunc SC
- Jeffrey Hilton SC
- Dr Andrew Lu AM
- Carol Webster SC
- Chaman Sidhu
- David Minty
- David Studdy SC
- Deb Camden
- The Hon George Palmer AM QC
- Her Excellency the Hon Margaret Beazley
- Marion Heathcote
- Martin Place Chambers
- Navid Bahadori
- Richard Lancaster SC
- Wendy Brooks