The Film/Video Sample Agreements Pack – Option A (Low Budget) contains 8 agreements designed for a low budget film/video production where the budget allows for payment to cast and crew and the cost of hiring locations etc. However if you are producing a no budget production our Film/Video Sample Agreements Pack – Option B (No Budget) may be more appropriate.
The Low Budget Pack includes the following sample agreements:
- Option and Purchase Agreement
- For use when you want to secure the?exclusive rights to develop a book, play or other existing work into a film.
- Producer and Director Agreement
- An agreement that covers the legal issues that commonly arise in producer/ director agreements, as well as the requirements of funding bodies.
- Film Crew Agreement (without deferred fees)
- Should be used when a producer who is not a member of Screen Producers Australia (SPA) is engaging crew members for the production of a low budget film or video.
- Film Cast Agreement (without deferred fees)
- Should be used when a producer who is not a member of Screen Producers Australia (SPA) is engaging cast members for the production of a low budget film or video.
- Film Location Deed of Release (with payment)
- For use when a film producer wants to shoot a film (including a video) on private property. It is drafted mainly from the producer?s perspective. If a producer fails to obtain a Location Release, the producer could be liable in trespass or for doing other things for which there are legal consequences.
- Music Commission for Film
- Should be used when a filmmaker (Producer) wants a composer/musician/band to create or adapt music for use in the filmmaker?s film.
- Film – Licence to Use Artwork
- For use when a film producer wants to use an existing artwork in a film (eg. animation in credits, artwork for the poster, or a use of an artwork within the film that isn’t just incidental.
- Film Loan Agreement
- Should be used on a very low budget or no budget film when the film maker or film makers wants to borrow a small amount of money from a private individual (not a bank or government agency or funding body).
- Performer?s Release
- To give to a performer if you intend to record or broadcast a performance of a dramatic work or musical work (including an improvisation of either), a reading, recitation, delivery or improvisation of a literary work, a dance, a circus or variety act or a performance of an expression of folklore.
Additional Arts Law sample agreements that may also be relevant and can be purchased separately include the Film/Video Partnership Deed, the Interviewee?s Release (with payment), the Music Licence for Film and the Video Production Agreement.