Artists in the Black for artists
How can Artists in the Black help?
Artists in the Black helps visual artists, musicians, performers, writers, and other cultural practitioners. We can give you advice about issues relating to your practice or creative business.
Our legal advice is given over the phone in a private one-on-one call. You’ll be able to ask the lawyer questions and get professional legal advice about your situation.
Are you an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artist? Do you have a will or need to update your will? As part of our service, Arts Law can assist with drafting your will so you can preserve your legacy and have control over what happens to your art, copyright, money and other assets when you pass away.
Find out more about why it’s important to have a will in this video.
These are some of our most popular resources. If these resources are not what you are looking for, you can find more here.
Top 5 Info Sheets
- Resale royalty right for visual artists
- Artwork Made Using Animal and Plant Material – Australia
- Moral Rights
- Copyright in Music and Lyrics(AITB)
Top 5 Template Contracts–
- Will for Indigenous Visual Artists
- Indigenous Artwork reproduction for a publication (digital)
- Collaboration Agreement – Visiting Artist
- Indigenous Artwork Reproduction License (fabric)
- Collaboration Toolkit
- Protecting Your Copyright
- The Indulkana Tigers Get Schooled on Contracts
- Indigenous Cultural Intellectual Property
- Writing a Will for Artists
- What are your Moral Rights?
- Resale Royalty