Are you an artist and need legal advice? Arts Law can help! Either fill out our legal query form or contact Arts Law.
Arts Law travels across the country visiting Art Centres and arts organisations in metro areas and regional and remote communities. We tailor education, legal assistance and wills services to the needs of the artists and arts organisation we are visiting. If you would like more information about our education services, please contact us as [email protected].
Are you a First Nations artist? Do you have a will or need to update your will? As part of our service, Arts Law can assist with drafting your will so you can preserve your legacy and have control over what happens to your art, copyright, money and other assets when you pass away.
These are some of our most popular resources. If these resources are not what you are looking for, Arts Law has other resources available on our Info Hub, or you can contact Arts Law for further assistance.
Top 5 Info Sheets
- Resale royalty right for visual artists
- Artwork Made Using Animal and Plant Material – Australia
- Moral Rights
- Copyright in Music and Lyrics(AITB)
Top 5 Template Contracts–
- Will for Indigenous Visual Artists
- Indigenous Artwork reproduction for a publication (digital)
- Collaboration Agreement – Visiting Artist
- Indigenous Artwork Reproduction License (fabric)
- Collaboration Toolkit
- Protecting Your Copyright
- The Indulkana Tigers Get Schooled on Contracts
- Indigenous Cultural Intellectual Property
- Writing a Will for Artists
- What are your Moral Rights?
- Resale Royalty