Film/Video Sample Agreements Pack - Option B (No Budget)
The Film/Video Sample Agreements Pack - Option B (No Budget) contains 8 agreements designed for a film/video production where there is no budget to pay the cast or crew or to cover the cost of hiring locations etc. If you are producing a film/video with a small budget that allows for payments to cast and crew etc., our Film/Video Sample Agreements Pack - Option A (Low Budget) may be more appropriate.
The No Budget Pack includes the following sample agreements:
- Option and Purchase Agreement
For use when you want to secure the exclusive rights to develop a book, play or other existing work into a film.
- Producer and Director Agreement
An agreement that covers the legal issues that commonly arise in producer/ director agreements, as well as the requirements of funding bodies.
- Cast & Crew Agreement (with deferred fees)
Should be used when a producer who is not a member of Screen Producers Australia (SPA) is engaging crew and cast members for the production of a no budget film or video so that you can come to an agreement about how deferred fees will be paid if money ever becomes attached to the project.
- Film Location Deed of Release (no payment)
For use when a film producer wants to shoot a film (including a video) on private property. It is drafted mainly from the producer’s perspective. If a producer fails to obtain a Location Release, the producer could be liable in trespass or for doing other things for which there are legal consequences. This is a no payment deed.
- Music Commission for Film
- Should be used when a filmmaker (Producer) wants a composer/musician/band to create or adapt music for use in the filmmaker’s film.
- Film - Licence to Use Artwork
- For use when a film producer wants to use an existing artwork in a film (eg. animation in credits, artwork for the poster, or a use of an artwork within the film that isn't just incidental.
- Film Loan Agreement
- Should be used on a very low budget or no budget film when the film maker or film makers wants to borrow a small amount of money from a private individual (not a bank or government agency or funding body).
- Performer’s Release
- To give to a performer if you intend to record or broadcast a performance of a dramatic work or musical work (including an improvisation of either), a reading, recitation, delivery or improvisation of a literary work, a dance, a circus or variety act or a performance of an expression of folklore.
Additional Arts Law sample agreements that may also be relevant and can be purchased separately include the Film/Video Partnership Deed, the Film Loan Agreement, the Music Commission for Film and the Video Production Agreement.
DISCOUNTED PRICE $385
DISCOUNTED PRICE $2,450
All prices are in Australian dollars and include GST
When an agreement is purchased it will be available for download from 'Your Account' for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase. Once this 2 year period has expired it will no longer be available for download.
Educational institutions (eg schools, universities, tertiary colleges) intending to provide these documents to students must purchase the number of copies/licences needed in order to provide each student with a copy. If you require multiple copies it may be worthwhile subscribing to Arts Law.
Organisations may use this document for internal use on multiple occasions but must purchase multiple copies/licences if intending to provide the document to your members or clients.